It’s Walk-a-Thon time again and this year is going to be the best! One new thing is that we are doing is using Crowdrise, so that raising money is super easy. Crowdrise is a lot like GoFundMe or other sites that allow you to ask for donations online. You/your child will have an individual page for you to share on Facebook or email, etc.
Another new thing is that their classes are grouped into Color Teams of 3 or more classes (about 75 students) that will walk together on the day of the Walk-a-Thon (Oct. 13th). They will wear that color on the walk and PWM will be a huge rainbow walking through Northside!
Here’s how to get set up:
1) Go to www.crowdrise.com/pwmwalk
2) Click on the gray ‘Set Up Your Fundraiser’ button.
3) Click on the Color Team of your child’s class.
Here are the Color Team assignments by class:
- White Team: Amanda Hendricks, Heather Bailey, Alex Naim, Susan Guetle, Amber Lovett, Linda Biehle, Alexis Calloway, Christine Gaefe, Tonya Enderle
- Red Team: Emma Chambers, Mary Ann Miller, Judy Ganance
- Orange Team: Erica Mulvey, Lori Pathak, Ashley Martinez
- Yellow Team: Anne Marie Barth, Katie Doyle, Pamela Stein
- Green Team: Ann Marie Kafoure, Tamara Casey, Emily Westerling
- Blue Team: Abby Stayton, Megan McGraw, Susan Best
- Purple Team: Beth Schlick, Anna Rehrer/Kelly Barnett, Sue Schneider
4) Click the ‘Join the Team & Create Your Own Fundraiser’ button on the right side.
5) Fill out super quick info. Click ‘Sign Up’ (it’s free).
6) Here is your personal fundraising page to share! Personalize it, add pics, and follow the prompts as to how to make it your own. When you’re ready, email it out to friends, family, co-workers, etc. and share on Facebook.
Crowdrise is an extra tool to help you. You can also send in money/checks from Oct. 9-13, and use PayPal on the PTO website. All donations will be complied and count towards the individual, class, and team your child is on, no matter how it was turned in.
Be sure to ask your kids about the pep rally and the awesome prizes that they heard about! There are prizes for highest raising Color Team, Top Classes (1 per age group), and Top Families. Individuals will get prizes based on the level raised (levels are over $1, $10, $25, $50, and $125). Details about these prizes to follow.
Thanks so much for your continued commitment to PWM. It makes our school even greater all the time.